몬트리올 조기유학 학교정보 l School
John Caboto Academy
- 첨부 8
Located in the residential district of Ahuntsic, John Caboto has been a community school for the past 40 years and has been offering an extremely successful Bilingual Programme for the last 10 years, serving the needs of its multicultural families with a wide variety of programs, activities and outings. John Caboto can be found on Meunier Street between Légendre and Beauharnois, and is easily accessible by the #117, #171, and #180 bus routes.
The school’s mission is to foster opportunities that will enhance the development of each student. The key to our success has been to focus on academic success as well as to promote self-discipline and the respect of others. We are a school open to the world and we believe that academic excellence
must be fostered in an environment of respect and responsibility.
John Caboto Academy offers the bilingual programme recognized by the EMSB. Students will receive half of their instruction in English and half in French according to the EMSB norms. Students at John Caboto follow the curriculum set out by the MELS in the document “Québec Education Program”
- The Academy introduced a music programme in 2002 for all students.
- The Physical Education programme is in line with the new (2006) MELS standards.
- Students at John Caboto Academy adhere to a dress code.
John Caboto is...
- A school that incorporates the principles from Dr. Steven Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People into its various programmes
- A multicultural community school that caters to children from kindergarten to grade 6
- A school that provides a distinctive program with bilingual instruction (50% in English and 50% in French
- A school with a dynamic parental participation, an active Governing Board and a dedicated Parents Participation Organization and Fundraising Committee
- A school that offers an enriched educational program with personalized attention to students with difficulties
- A school that has a computer lab with Internet access staffed by a computer specialist
- A school that possesses Bilingual music, art and physical education specialists
- A school that offers $7 a day Daycare Program, before and after school hours
- A school that offers a hot meals program, upon request
- A school that offers homework assistance and after-school programs and activities
- A school that has a zero tolerance policy towards bullying and intimidation
Extracurricular Events and Activities
- Yearbook Committee
- DVD Editing Club
- Recorder group & choir
- Charitable endeavours
- Educational and recreational field trips
- Intramurals, GMAA
- Theatre visits
- Volleyball, soccer & basketball
- BBQ and corn roast
- Carnival Week
- Reading Week
- Book Fair
- Concerts and shows
- Field days
The parents at John Caboto Academy participate in an active Governing Board and Parents Participation Organisation/Fundraising Committee. Acknowledging that strong participation leads to greater academic success, parents also give their time to work in the library, read to students, decorate the
Academy , participate in many events, including field trips, and help out wherever required. John Caboto Academy has long standing roots in the community and as a direct consequence, commercial neighbours are also strongly committed to the Academy.
- Community-sponsored recreation program
- Community and Spiritual animation
- Resource room
- Homework and Wellness Programmes
- PELO (Italian Heritage Language)
- Extra funding provided through the MELS and the CGTSIM
- Psychologist, Speech Therapist, Nurse, Social Worker, Dental Hygienists