몬트리올 조기유학 학교정보 l School
- 첨부 4
Michelangelo Elementary School is located on 5th Street, between Jean-Yves Bigras and 54th Avenue. It is accessible by the #48 and #49 buses from Henri-Bourassa Metro and it is also accessible by the #194 bus (peak hours) from Radisson Metro.
Our Mission Statement
Education – Commitment - Excellence
Michelangelo International Elementary School provides an inclusive collaborative learning environment that merges both the Quebec Educational Program and the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program. We are committed to provide our students with academic excellence, to challenge our students with a high quality education and to develop lifelong learners by creating an environment of respect and intellectual curiosity.
- Michelangelo International Elementary School is an IB -World Candidate School offering the Primary Years Programme pursuing full accreditation in 2012-13.
- Michelangelo International Elementary School offers a bilingual program to address the needs of students living in a nation with two official languages. From Kindergarten through to the end of Cycle III, pupils receive unique bilingual model whereby the curriculum provides for one week of intensive English instruction and one week of intensive French instruction while Math Instruction takes place everyday.
- The school provides a safe, caring and nurturing environment for all students. It is inclusive in that children with special needs are given support while high achieving students are provided with opportunities to work towards their full potential.
- Michelangelo International Elementary School is presently in the process of implementing the Primary Years Program, an International Baccalaureate Program designed for elementary schools bringing an international-mindedness perspective to the school community. Internationalism will be developed throughout the school program of inquiry. The curriculum prepares students for a 21st century society.
- Building a solid foundation in Literacy provides skills needed in all subject areas and for lifelong learning. Michelangelo’s Balanced Literacy Project is a bilingual language program where the teacher provides maximum support to all learners at their individual reading and writing levels in English and French .and to ensure success for all students. Many of our teachers use the Daily 5 method for Balanced Literacy. The school library holds over 17 000 books and it is complemented by a resource room with extra resources for our literacy program.
- Michelangelo offers an Information Technology Program from Kindergarten to the end of Cycle III. The school is equipped with a large, state of the art computer lab, Smart Boards (interactive white boards) in many classrooms and a mobile lab with a full classroom set of laptops operating within a
- wireless environment. We have just recently acquired two Smart Tables (interactive computer tables).
Parental participation in committees and volunteer tasks is welcomed and encouraged. Parents volunteer at the library, and school activities such as field trips, fundraisers, and book fairs.
- IB Facilitator
- Literacy Facilitator
- Daycare (before and after school)
- After-school tutorial program
- P.E.L.O. (Italian heritage courses after school)
- Resource teachers
- Child care attendants
- Behavioural technician
- Peer Mediation
- Community and Spiritual Animator
- Speech therapist
- Social worker
- Dental hygienist
- Hot lunch program
- Pre-kindergarten (at nominal fee)
Extra Curricular Events and Activities
- Newspaper club
- Book Club
- Intra-mural Sports (lunch time program)
- HALO Run
- Magic shows
- Piano lessons
- Guitar lessons
- Martial Arts
- Book Fairs
- Field Trips
- Holiday events
- Spring concerts
- Science fair
- Winter Carnival
- Spring Field Day