몬트리올 조기유학 학교정보 l School
John Paul I Junior High School
- 첨부 4
John Paul I Junior High School is located in St. Léonard, north of Metropolitan Boulevard between Lacordaire and Viau. It can be reached by bus #192 from the Cremazie Metro, bus #32 from the Cadillac Metro, or bus #132 from the Viau Metro.
John Paul I is a community school offering a wide range of programs to support the diverse learning styles and interests of our growing population. Students are encouraged to grow, both intellectually and socially, in an environment built upon personal strengths. A three-fold process of a rigorous academic syllabus, a strict and consistent discipline policy including a uniform, and varied student life programs provides a balanced educational curriculum for all students.
John Paul I Junior High School provides a fully inclusive setting for all of our students. Our timetable allows for increased physical education and media/art classes while supporting continuing growth in language, mathematics, science, social studies and ethics and religious culture. While meeting the requisites of the Quebec Education Program, students benefit from a diverse selection of programs built to fit the needs and interests of the young adolescent.
- The International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program (students enrolled in the IBMYP join over 715,000 others worldwide, who benefit from a program based on international standards recognized in 2226 schools in over 135 countries.) Students complete the final three years of the MYP at our sister school, Laurier Macdonald High School.
- The French Immersion Program promotes French language enrichment. Content area courses in sciences, sciences sociales, and mathematiques offer students the opportunity to further develop an appreciation and deeper understanding of French language and culture.
- The Core Program offers all subjects in English to the students, in this program we also have the flexibility to offer special resource if need be.
- The Resource Assistance Program provides smaller classrooms for those students who benefit from a smaller classroom setting, in the English Language Arts, Mathematics and French.
- Student Supervisors
- Guidance Counsellors
- Special Ed Technician
- Tutorials / Recuperation
- Drop-Out Prevention Activities / Support
Students at John Paul I enjoy a variety of extracurricular activities.
- GMAA Sports
- Intramural Sports
- Talent Show / JP Idol
- Community Involvement
- Recycling Team // Green Team
- Leadership Program
- Yearbook Club
Parents are important and welcome members to the John Paul I community. Their involvement with the school’s Governing Board and Parent Participation Organization is vital to the growth and development of their children and the success of our school.