몬트리올 조기유학 학교정보 l School
- 첨부 4
Edinburgh is located in the heart of Montreal West and can be reached by the #162 bus from the Villa Maria Metro.
Edinburgh School offers an early French immersion program. It serves a primarily Anglophone population. Our school addresses the diverse learning styles of its student population. It recognizes students of differing cultural, linguistic and ethnic backgrounds for whom the immersion program may mean learning a third language. We acknowledge gender differences and embrace developing technologies. Our goal is for each child to achieve intellectual and personal growth. At Edinburgh a colour code is mandatory.
- A talented art specialist who works with all grades.
- A science and technology program that integrates the use of the latest in I-moviemaking technology into its curriculum
- A mobile computer lab with laptops and projector
- A physical education program that includes several GMAA sports tournaments such as the Halo Road Race and the Cross Country Run
- A House System in which every child belongs to one of 4 houses. This system instills a feeling of belonging in each child and adds to school spirit. Many fundraisers throughout the year earn points for the various houses such as food and book drives, donations for Red Heart Day, the Gazette Christmas Fund, the Terry Fox Run as well as doing Random Acts of Kindness.
- Cultural Activities occur throughout the school year. Some examples are visits from a Canadian Veteran and Indian Chief, Japanese ladies who teach the art of Kimono dressing as well as trips with the spiritual and community animator.
- English and French theatre productions
- A parent sponsored weekly music program with winter and spring concerts
- A yearly Home and School sponsored Book Fair, as well as a Spring Fair
- A PELO program providing Italian Heritage classes
- An overnight grade 6 graduation trip
- A grade 6 yearbook
- Numerous field trips for all grades
- A Storytelling competition at the Cycle 3 level
Parents sponsored lunchtime activities such as Math club, Chess, scrapbooking, soapstone sculpture, cartooning, Cerni creations, hiphop
and Live Stuff - an interactive hands-on science workshops. Edinburgh’s Parent Sponsored After School Program includes activities such as arts and
crafts, baking, various sports, as well as homework supervision and tutoring .
The parents of Edinburgh students are active in the school’s Governing Board and in the Home and School Association. They also volunteer in many areas of school life such as the library, book clubs, pizza days, frozen yoghurt days and field trips.
- Resource teacher
- Davis Program for children in kindergarten and Cycle 1
- Childcare worker
- School Board Psychologist
- Speech and Language Consultant
- Spiritual and community animator
- After school homework and tutoring program