몬트리올 조기유학 학교정보 l School
- 첨부 5
Elizabeth Ballantyne (EBS) is located in the heart of Montreal West, and is easily accessible by the 162 bus route from Villa Maria metro station.
Elizabeth Ballantyne is committed to fostering students’ intellectual development, along with their emotional and social growth. Teachers and staff create educational opportunities designed to encourage self-esteem, responsibility and respect for others.
- EBS is an English Core program which emphasizes excellence in early English language instruction. The school also offers a strong second language program in French.
- Our Parent-Sponsored Academic Enrichment Program is comprised of three components:
- Quest – Instruction in physical sciences, advanced math and language arts. The specialist runs a chess club, art club and geography club. Students have competed in the CanSpell National Spelling Bee.
- French Enrichment – This specialist provides support to supplement our 32% French curriculum. Children are taught in small groups.
- Music Enrichment – This music resource person adds all of the extras to our programme such as school musicals, community performances (Bell Centre, shopping centres, LEARN Quebec intercultural festival, intergenerational performances at a a local church), two concerts per year, recorder and ORF instrument instruction and performance, and a strong emphasis on the competencies of the QEP.
- Computer Lab: in 2007, the EBS Home and School Association funded a new computer lab, equipped with 28 desk tops and wireless access. The lab also has laptops used for the school’s robotics program. All cycles have access to the lab and computer time is built in to each cycle’s schedule.
- Smart Board: EBS presently has four Smartboards. This is an exciting teaching tool that supports learning in a very interesting way.
- All students have two weekly visits to the Montreal West Children’s Library, which is housed in the school building.
Extracurricular Events and Activities
- Geography Club
- The Terry Fox Run
- H.A.L.O. Road Race
- Math, Geography and Writing & Storytelling contests
- Science Fair
- Skating (in preparation for the skate-athon)
Parents are actively involved in both the Home and School Association and the Governing Board. They also volunteer in many other ways including library, field trips, reading groups, hot lunch distribution etc…
- Daycare (morning and after-school)
- After school Jewish Heritage Program
- After school homework program
- Hot lunch four days a week