몬트리올 조기유학 학교정보 l School
- 첨부 3
Fine Arts Core Education (F.A.C.E.) High School is located on University St. just north of Sherbrooke St. West, directly across from McGill University. It is easily accessible by buses #15, #24, #61, #168, the McGill Metro and Central or Windsor train stations.
Combining academic and artistic development, the educational program provides children with many challenges in which they can flourish and develop their full potential. Important values at F.A.C.E. are openness of mind, respect, responsibility, independence, self-discipline, accomplishment, and self-esteem. The program aims to provide varied ways of learning, creating, thinking, and participating. The students’ many collective experiences develop respect for others, an appreciation for the many facets of the world, an open mind and a more active vision of life. The program also encourages student participation and teamwork. The unique artistic environment is intended to foster intellectual, emotional, and spiritual growth.
- Emphasis on the fine arts.
- Advanced drama, visual arts, instrumental and vocal music programs.
- Organized trips to Centaur Theater, Place des Arts, McCord Museum and Fine Arts Museum.
- Student participation in recitals, theatrical productions, and concerts are a central part of the curriculum Parental Participation Parents have a vital role in helping F.A.C.E. reach its educational objectives. Over 100 volunteers are involved in activities ranging from office and library work, to assisting the Family Units in a variety of educational and recreational programs. The Governing Board’s mandate is to work for the close contact between parents and the school.
- Symphony Orchestra, Jazz and Blues bands.
- F.A.C.E. Jeunes Chanteurs, Men’s choir, Chamber choir.
- Plays, photography club, dance.
- Ceramics, studio art, media studies.
- Waterloo Math Competition, Science Fair (elementary and high school).
- Basketball teams, soccer teams, indoor soccer teams, badminton, touch football teams.
- Annual H.A.L.O. road race.
- Spanish courses.
- School trips to Italy, Costa Rica, New York.
Students in F.A.C.E.’s elementary and secondary programs are grouped in “Family Units” led by a family teacher. The Family generates enthusiasm and a team spirit among students. They share confidences, tackle new challenges and learn about themselves and the world around them in this atmosphere of mutual trust. Students usually stay in the same Family for many years.