몬트리올 조기유학 학교정보 l School
- 첨부 4
St. Dorothy Elementary is situated in the Saint Michel district of Montreal. It can be found on 6th Avenue between Legendre and Emile Journault, and is easily accessible via the #67 bus from the Saint Michel metro.
St. Dorothy Elementary School fosters a harmonious environment in which students grow in mind, body and spirit. Students are encouraged to become responsible, productive, effective learners who develop the self-esteem, self-discipline and knowledge to become contributing citizens in our society. The two goals guiding our mission are academic perseverance and educational success for all.
The school offers a comprehensive bilingual program. It provides services, through our Resource Teachers to students who need extra help in English, as well as in French to students requiring assistance in French.
Teachers collaborate to include students with special needs in the regular classes. We also offer a free full day English Pre-Kindergarten Program.
- Music Focus: Dance, Orff instruments, and specialize family of recorders. Through a diversified new program, the students will strengthen their musical skills and deepen their appreciation for the art form.
- Soccer Focus: Tactical, physical social aspects of soccer, foster self-esteem, dedication, discipline, fair play, assist students to achieve academic excellence. The goal of the program is to optimize athletic performance and sportsmanship.
- The St. Dorothy School Staff wisely integrates Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) within the curriculum to support, sustain and improve learning. ICT program will provide a wide variety of learning experiences, and will ensure that all learners will develop the skills necessary to validate (i.e. to select, compare, analyze, discriminate and synthesize) electronic information. The school’s ICT facilitator assists teachers and students in the integration of technology in the curriculum. Students and teachers also have the use of a fully equipped computer lab, as well as computers in each classroom, with Internet access throughout the school.
- Balanced Literacy: Support guided reading, small-group instruction aimed at the individual needs of the students.
- Drama: Dramatic arts allow students to develop their imagination and their self-esteem, to exercise their memory and to deepen their appreciation of literature.
- Virtue of the Month: Through our Multifaith Spiritual Animation program we hope to instil in our students the Spiritual ties that bind them all as human beings that share in a common vision of living in harmony with one another.
- MELS Subsidized Hot Lunch: Parents may order in advance hot meals for a minimal fee.
- MELS Healthy Snack program: Everyday students receive a free healthy snack.
Extracurricular Events and Activities
Lunch time sports, Chess, Art and Dance, After-school Robotics, PELO (Italian), Math tutorials, Homework assistance, Karate, Anthology of Creative Writing Club (published at the EMSB), yearbook club.
Parents volunteer for a number of school activities, including the school’s snacks and milk programs, the annual Halloween Party, Breakfast with Santa, the Kindergarten and Grade 6 graduation activities and field trips.
Daycare, Tutoring for at risk students, Dental hygienist, Psychologist, Speech pathologist, Social services, Occupational Therapist, Computer lab and part-time technology facilitator, Librarian and computerized services.