몬트리올 조기유학 학교정보 l School
James Lyng High School
- 첨부 4
James Lyng High School is located at 5440 Notre Dame Street West in St. Henri, at the corner of Carillon Street. There are three main commuter routes to the school: via bus lines #37, #36 or #191. An Express bus to the school operates during the early morning hours from the Lionel Groulx Metro.
James Lyng is committed to providing a safe and welcoming atmosphere for all members of its community, and to fostering the academic, social, moral and psychological growth of its students. The daily learning experience fosters a sense of belonging and self-discovery among students. Our objective is to use the curriculum, student-directed initiatives, and hands-on experience to prepare students for future challenges in education and in the workplace.
- Community Learning Centre offers opportunity for extended services for students, parents and the wider community.
- Video Teleconference facility allows students to communicate with schools and sites all around the world.
- Resource room and In-school tutoring
- Three up-to-date computer labs (one SmartBoard equipped) for student research and on-line learning opportunities.
- Programs assisting students in developing post-secondary plans.
- Gender-based classes where numbers permit.
- Breakfast and Lunch programs
- Wide-ranging Anti-Bullying program
- Membership in Peaceful Schools International.
- Leadership and Volunteer programming
- Vocational after school activities: e.g.: hairdressing, cooking
- Work Oriented Training Program
- Three resource teachers and tutors provide regular curriculum, and examination support for students in need.
- Guidance counselor and child care workers are on staff for individual and group counselling.
- Parent/Student animator provides liaison between families and school
- Nurse and social worker at school, available through the CSSS
- SPVM Liaison
- Community partnership agreements provide additional staff for vocational and personal counseling.
- Community Liaison supports Community Based Learning projects.
- Large in-school library. Extracurricular Activities
- Wide variety of sports, including, basketball, volleyball, touch football, outdoor and indoor soccer, karate and track and field are available to boys and girls. New sports added as numbers warrant
- Daily lunch hour sports program
- Talent show
- WORD (Writing Our Rhymes Down), a Hip Hop Literacy Project.
- Film Project with Atwater Library.
- Visual Arts
- Educational Outings
- Student Council
- Social Activity Days
- Rocket Building
- Steelpan Music Program
- Hairdressing Class
- Cooking Club
- Drama Club
- Green Team
- Business Club
In addition to participating on the Governing Board, parents are encouraged to become actively involved in all aspects of school life. Our new Family Room offers a welcoming locale for parents to meet informally with teachers and to participate in information sessions on topics related to parenting, adolescence and education.