몬트리올 조기유학 학교정보 l School
Lester B. Pearson High School
- 첨부 4
Lester B. Pearson High School is located on P.M. Favier, between Henri-Bourassa and Maurice-Duplessis in Montreal North. The main commuter routes to the school include bus #43, and buses #69 and #159 from the Henri-Bourassa Metro.
Lester B. Pearson’s motto is “Always Strive For Excellence.” Lester B. Pearson High School is a true community school offering a variety of programs to meet the needs of the individual student. The goal of the school, academically and socially, is to develop responsible, self-reliant students who can make a positive contribution to society.
This challenging course of study is aimed at the students who perform well on the placement tests. The honours group follows an accelerated Math/Science program to enable the students to enroll in advanced Mathematics and Science courses, as well as other option courses, in their senior year at Pearson.
Regular Mainstream Program
The majority of the Pearson population follows the standard MELS curriculum in Math, French, English, Social Studies, Ethical & Religious Culture Education and Physical Education. Should an individual student excel in an area, the student would be encouraged to follow an enriched program.
Regular Mainstream Students who excel in a particular area have the opportunity to follow several enriched programs such as;
- Français Langue Maternelle, where students can earn advanced level credits in French.
- Enriched Math and Science where students can fulfill the Math & Science prerequisites for most Science programs at the C.E.G.E.P. level.
- Enriched English, where students are encouraged to explore various literary styles and reach their full creative potential.
Students are provided with a genuine sense of self-confidence through the efforts of a caring and committed staff. The Individual Education Plan and the adapted MELS programs encourage students to succeed both academically and socially while leading them to high school certification.
Sports-Études is a prestigious program designed for the high performance athlete. The student’s academic schedule, modified to develop and encourage the student-athlete, offers the opportunity to achieve excellence in both sports and academics.
Lester B. Pearson offers its students a large variety of sports and cultural activities.
- GMAA sports ◊ Intramural sports ◊ Fitness Club ◊ Carnival
- Dances ◊ Variety show ◊ Coffee Houses ◊ Yearbook Committee
- Field trips/guest speakers/performances ◊ Trips to Europe, New York, Florida & Toronto
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Program ◊ Environmental Club
- Terry Fox Walk-a-Thon ◊ Band Aid for Terry Fox ◊ Robotics
- Political Club ◊ Art Collective ◊ Games Club
- School Leadership Program ◊ Math and Science Competitions
- Academic Enrichment activities
- Student Supervisors
- Guidance Counsellors
- Health Educator
- Spiritual and Community Involvement Animator
- Special Education Technician
- Computer Specialist
- Big Brother – Big Sister Mentor Program
- Tutorials / Reading Buddies
The school encourages regular communication among parents, teachers and administrators. Parents are active members of both the Governing Board and the Parent Participation Organization (PPO).