몬트리올 조기유학 학교정보 l School
Royal West Academy
- 첨부 4
A c a d e m y
Royal West Academy (RWA) is located in Montreal West, near the corner of Westminster and St. Jacques/Avon. It is easily accessible by commuter train to the Montreal West Train Station, bus #51 from the Snowdon Metro, buses #90 and #105 from the Vendome Metro/Train Station, bus #162 from the Villa Maria Metro and bus #123.
RWA is an alternative high school with limited enrollment. The school’s mission is to provide a structured milieu in which students are committed to academic achievement, bilingualism, computer literacy, technological competency, an appreciation of the arts, an understanding of social issues, and a sense of community responsibility. The staff and administration encourage the development, self-discipline, learning and interpersonal skills and a strong sense of responsibility and self-esteem in the students. Admission is by application and qualifying examination results (Grade 7 only).
The school’s French program offers both enriched and French mother tongue courses. One hundred percent of RWA students graduate with a bilingua certificate. Computer courses are compulsory in levels one to three, as are a choice of fine arts courses.
- Graphic and web design, film
- French mother tongue and enriched leading to bilingual certificate.
- Instrumental music/ Sound Engineering
- Accelerated Math
- Enriched Science and Technology Support Services
- Passages Program (Self-understanding, decision-making, study skills sessions for Secondary I and II).
- Guidance-oriented school program for all grades
- Peer tutoring
- School/Community Liaison
- Compulsory extracurricular student involvement.
- Interscholastic soccer, rugby, basketball, volleyball, ice hockey, track and field, tennis, etc.
- Wide variety of clubs and student groups
- National Math Competitions
- Student Leadership and Student Life programs
- Annual Science Fair / Invention Convention
- Theatre programs
- Dance and variety shows
- Grade level trips
- International student exchanges
- Social and Environmental Activism
- Bruntland Certified Green School
Every year parents must sign a form committing them to at least one school activity. The Governing Board, Parent Advisory Committee (PAC), Home and School and RWA Foundation are very active parental groups.