몬트리올 조기유학 학교정보 l School
St. Raphael Centre
- 첨부 2
St. Raphael Centre is located on the corner of Henri Julien and Crémazie. It is easily accessible from both the Crémazie metro and bus #100.
Philosophy / Objectives
St. Raphael offers a psycho-educational program (a blend of psychosocial, behavioural and educational programs) for students with behavioural difficulties as classified by the Ministry of Education, Leisure and Sports. The philosophy and mission of the psycho-educational program is twofold:
- Students take responsibility for their choices.
- Stress the importance of personal responsibilities, problem-solving techniques, confidence building and self-acceptance.
The school places the emphasis on the student’s ability to learn the necessary coping skills to successfully reintegrate into the educational mainstream. While adhering to the integrity and basic standards of a regular academic program, the students receive specialized services for behavioural problems and a quality academic education. Admission to St. Raphael Centre is by referral. A complete referral package must be obtained from the sending school. Referrals should be made no later than May for admission the following September. A multi-disciplinary team will review each applicant’s suitability for the program.
- Highly structured program based on behaviour modification, incorporating a successful well-adapted behaviour point system, social skills training and choice therapy.
- MDT (Multi-Disciplinary Team) approach, using a cross-section of teaching and non-teaching professionals.
- IEP (Individual Education Plan) documents the student’s behavioural progress, academic progress and psycho-educational history.
- Ongoing parental involvement.
- Student-centered learning approach.
- Services of a psychologist and a special education technician to help students with the choice therapy program.
- ART (Aggression Replacement Training) teaches techniques and strategies to deal with anger before it leads to swearing and violence.
- ICT program which complements the regular core program while teaching research skills and presentation techniques.
- St. Raphael Centre uses regular and Special Education programs to meet each student’s academic needs. In addition to in-class social skills development, each student benefits from an individualized behaviour program. The student receives individual counselling, prevention counselling and advisory counselling with the special education technicians, teachers and psychologist. In addition, each student is assigned a teacher-advisor with whom the student meets at the end of each day.
In addition to the administration and specialized teachers, the staff at St. Raphael Centre includes a psychologist, a Special Education consultant, a speech therapist, a special education technician, a community spiritual animator, a social worker and a nurse.
- Physical activity is provided for and encouraged with unique outings incorporated.
- Availability of a personal training room.
- Organized field trips to cultural and social events throughout the year.
- Gold outings for deserving students are organized to encourage appropriate social behaviour.
- A rewards program to promote positive behaviour.
- Experts are brought in to educate the students on relevant topics – i.e. the law, substance-abuse, employment options, and sex education.
Parental / Guardian Involvement
Parents/guardians are required to sign their child’s agenda on a daily basis, attend conferences with the teachers, set objectives for the next semester and sign a contract stating that they will do all they can to work with the school to help their child improve his/her behaviour.